State Nursing Home Tax

Some states, such as New Hampshire, tax facilities that have a nursing complex.  In New Hampshire the tax is humorously called the "Granny tax" and applies to CCRCs (Continuing Care Retirement Communities also known as LifePlan communities) if they have a nursing complex.  All residents at a New Hampshire CCRC pay this tax whether or not they are using nursing care at the CCRC.  Ask your CCRC if there are any particular taxes applied for living there, and if so, check with your tax advisor if there are any deductions you can take at tax time.

If you like what you've read, please share the post using the buttons above and sign up for our newsletter below.

Click here to read more of our original CCRC blog content