Garden Square of Greeley is a sensational assisted living community in Greeley, Colorado. It is within wonderful Weld County which is part of the Centennial State.
Whether you are a Boomer seeking the best for your mom, interested in securing your own future care, or someone who enjoys the companionship and wisdom of seniors—you have started in the right place. Our mission guides us in creating a senior services environment where seniors are in charge of their lives. We support each individual’s choices and desires to be healthy, continue to grow, and experience the third act of life to its fullest.
Garden Square of Greeley Assisted Living and Memory Care provides a full range of exceptional senior living options. Our community offers all of the comforts of home with the added benefit of a team of experienced, caring professionals dedicated to providing you or your loved one with quality service.
What is assisted living? Assisted living, on the whole, is still a relatively new concept. Originally created in the 1980s, assisted living was formed as a less expensive, more home-like alternative to the traditional nursing home.
Although regulations vary from state to state, assisted living provides a wide array of services designed to keep an elder as independent as possible, for as long as possible. In most cases, assisted living helps seniors stay more active, social, and engaged in life than they otherwise would be living alone. Assisted living provides the added security of 24-hour staff, assistance with medications, and communication between health care providers.
Benefits of assisted living include:
- Tailoring of services to the individual needs of the senior
- Maintenance of a senior's lifestyle (assistance with transportation, shopping, and recreation are just a few examples)
- Programs designed to keep a senior active and engaged in life and their surroundings
- Affordable alternative to the high cost of in-home care and nursing homes
- Extended "family" to care and watch out for the senior's safety and well-being
- Regular communication with family members
- Help prevent major disasters that sometimes happen when elders live alone
Despite the progressive nature of Alzheimer's and other dementias, a person's independence, ability to function, and quality of life may be improved through the person-directed living approach. Service plans, life enrichment, and daily living needs are met with the individual's desires and preferences taken into account. We do our best to tailor services to each individual, according to their preferences and lifestyle.
Memory Care settings may provide physical and emotional relief as well as peace of mind for families with a memory-impaired loved one. Memory care staff members undergo dementia-specific training when learning how to provide assistance services to seniors with dementia.
Benefits of a community-based memory care setting include:
- Buildings secured with keypad entry to minimize risk of wandering
- Regular human interaction and programs to engage the memory-impaired individual in daily life, minimizing isolation
- Diet and exercise monitoring
- Senior well-being monitoring and communication with family and health care providers
- Freedom from caring for a loved ones daily needs, so families can focus on spending quality and joyful times with the individual
Respite care provides temporary relief for family caregivers who are caring for seniors with disabilities, special needs, or who are simply aging. Respite care can also be employed to allow for recovery after a surgery or hospital stay. Contact us to inquire about availability.
Caring for a loved one in the home can be a very rewarding experience but it can also be an overwhelming and exhausting undertaking. It is essential that family members get regular support in order to relieve stress, restore energy, and promote balance. We can help. Garden Square of Greeley Assisted Living and Memory Care provides that support by caring for your loved one with kindness and respect.