Arden Courts Memory Care Community, located on Fisher Drive in Avon caters to the special needs of individuals with memory loss. Staffed by specially trained caregivers, Arden Courts cares for individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Our community features friendly common spaces, an inviting kitchen and family rooms and walking paths within enclosed courtyards, all designed for the safety and comfort of our residents.
We recognize residents have their own individual routines and interests, capabilities and needs. We set out to accommodate their individuality beginning with an assessment by one of our professional staff members. Working with you, we develop an individualized service plan which is regularly adjusted to meet any changes in your loved one’s routine or condition.
After five years of research, Arden Courts was specially designed not only to be safe and secure, but to instill a sense of home that enables residents to stay as idependent as possible.
Many families caring for someone living with Alzheimer’s disease or a related type of dementia express a desire for relief from caregiving. For loved ones living with memory loss, the benefits of respite care for your family member include a new stimulus, the chance to interact with new people, and the opportunity to share new and different experiences. Respite care is flexible.
Because we know some families like to remain involved in the caregiving of their loved one, we work with you during the assessment to determine how much you would like to be involved in your loved one’s care.
- 24-hour supervision by staff specially trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Professional nurses available 24-hours a day
- Hourly safety checks
- Monitoring—blood pressure, vital signs, weight, etc.
- Responding to and treating health problems
- Assisting with medications
- Assistance in arranging medical care
- Outside rehabilitation and physical therapy services available
- Personal hygiene
- Dressing and undressing
- Mobility—help with walking, transferring from bed
- Personal laundry services
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Three meals per day and snacks
- Special preparation and presentation of food to meet the unique needs and varied abilities of our residents
- Cultural and religious choices respected
- Assistance with dining and eating, if necessary