Each person who enters through our door is important to us and will be treated with the utmost respect.
Our customers are our valued residents, families, visitors and team members. Serving you with a helping hand and smile is our passion. Family serving family is our philosophy. Our team is dedicated to giving quality care with integrity to our residents and families. They have committed to being the best in the industry, always growing in new skills and strengths.
Vision: To provide a safe home-like environment enriched in love, peace and dignity.
The Elwood Care Center opened in 1972 with 36 beds. In 1978, it was expanded to 55 beds. In 1972, 18 people were employed and now there are over 60 employees.The Elwood Care Center was a project of the Village of Elwood. It continues to be an entity of the Village, but is totally self-supporting. In 2002, the 8 unit Assisted Living was built on. As of July 2006, 43 licensed skilled (Medicare and Medicaid approved), beds are available at the Elwood Care Center with 7 private rooms.
2006 brought about the latest remodel, as the entire outside was landscaped with beautiful flowers and walk ways for the residents enjoyment. The new “Healing Garden,” features a waterfall, bridge and pond with an unusual assortment of plants that bring to light out senses. Different textures, fragrances and colors are combined for our resident’s relaxation and pleasure.
Our facility has a home like atmosphere. We like to think we are “family taking care of family.” Residents are encouraged to make their rooms as home-like as possible with their own possessions and wall hangings.
- Homelike comfortable commons areas
- Chapel for religious services
- Wellness Center
- Beauty Salon
- Weekly Laundry service
- Housekeeping service
- Living room for socializing
- Activity Room for parties and activities
- Outside courtyard with walking path
- Healing Garden for relaxation
- Comfortable Dining Room
- Fire-resistant construction with sprinkler system
- Resident Call system
- Building Security System
- Personalized heating and air conditioning
- Basic Cable TV
- Transportation Available to Doctor Appointments
- Buffet Dining 3 times daily, as well as snacks
- Rehabilitation services, physical, occupational, speech and sports therapy
- Adult Daycare- Outpatient therapy
- Meals on wheels
- Scrub-a-dub (whirlpool baths)
- Respite Care
- Medicare/Medicaid Certified