Residents always come first at Sunrise of Morris Plains, one of the finest and friendliest New Jersey assisted living communities. In fact, we think we’re the friendliest senior living home in New Jersey. At Sunrise of Morris Plains, we truly love our residents—and each other! Support is the foundation of our philosophy. We are proud to offer our residents and their family strong communication and excellent care. Outreach from our executive director to residents’ families is superb, and our attentive nursing staff regularly follows up with families.
With a comfortable, casual atmosphere, our residents—many who live independently—actively engage in our robust activities program . Here, every resident is treated like the unique person they are. That’s why we offer choices in living arrangements, activities and dining. Our convenient location makes for fun trips to local shopping, dining, and movie theaters. Sunrise of Morris Plains is a special place to call home.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Located a half mile from the intersection of Route 10 and Route 202 in North Central New Jersey
- Offering assisted living , short-term stays , memory and coordination of hospice care
- Offering a Reminiscence Neighborhood to residents with memory care needs
- Close proximity to four major hospitals with Morristown Medical Center as the hub
- Nearby amenities, within walking distance, include Stop & Shop, Kohl’s, Dunkin’ Donuts and many restaurants
- Near the local YMCA, public library, movie theaters, shopping malls, hotels and skiing