Sunrise of East Meadow
East Meadow, NY - Assisted Living
Community size: Extra Large (100+)
At Sunrise of East Meadow, NY, we’re dedicated to helping seniors age in place with dignity and joy—and to reassuring family members that their loved ones are receiving expert, personalized care. Many of our team members have been here since our community first opened its doors. Our nursing staff is on site around the clock to help ensure that care is available whenever it’s needed.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. We also offer a 24 hour Bistro where you can enjoy fresh coffee, tea, homemade cookies or fresh fruit anytime you would like. Throughout the day you may smell the popcorn or fresh bread baking.
Our chef—in addition to preparing the fresh, nutritious meals that are the hallmark of Sunrise Signature Dining—holds a regular cooking class that has become a resident favorite. Our resident coordinator also holds a Caregiver Support Group once a month, in order to provide guidance and information for family members whose loved ones may be struggling with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, other forms of memory loss or simply the challenges of aging. Thanks to the Sunrise Difference , seniors living in our East Meadow, NY , community can age in place in security and comfort.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Offering assisted living, memory care for those living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, the coordination of hospice care , short-term respite stays , and the Road Home Program for those coming to our community from a hospital or rehabilitation center
- Medical support provided by Nassau University Medical Center, Fulton Commons Care Center and Belair Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- On-site nursing care 24 hours a day, with a registered nurse in the building 7 days a week
- Close to dining, shopping and entertainment at Roosevelt Field Mall, as well as cultural events at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Hofstra Theatre, and Nassau Community College Theatre
- Numerous other shopping centers, senior centers, diners, restaurants, libraries, houses of worship, salons, supermarkets and other conveniences
- Convenient to Long Island Railroad (LIRR) stops at Carle Place and Westbury