At Sunrise of Crestwood in Yonkers, NY , senior living means that our residents can age in place in comfort and security—and their families can rest assured that they’re receiving expert, devoted care. Everything about the Sunrise Signature Experience is evident here. Our community’s layout and spacious, light-filled floor plans are designed to be easy to navigate and encourage social interaction. Shaded walking paths and seating areas promote fresh-air enjoyment, whether residents choose to relax quietly with a book or spend time in a lively gathering of family and friends.
We proudly serve NY seniors living with a variety of care needs, from those who are fairly independent to those who require our memory care services. And of course, every one of our well-tenured team members, from our Designated Care Managers and Life Enrichment Managers to our activities coordinators and highly trained chefs , is dedicated to helping our residents experience the joy of every day in a loving, caring environment.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. We also offer a 24 hour Bistro where you can enjoy fresh coffee, tea, homemade cookies or fresh fruit anytime you would like. Throughout the day you may smell the popcorn or fresh bread baking.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Offering assisted living , memory care and coordination of hospice care
- A Yonkers, NY, senior living community located at Crisfield Street and Central Park Avenue, convenient to the Bronx River Parkway
- Medical support provided by Lawrence Hospital Center and St. John’s Riverside Hospital
- Close to Cross County Shopping Mall and Empire City Casino
- Near movie theaters, grocery stores and a variety of restaurants