Spanish Meadows has been serving the lower Rio Grande Valley community for over 30 years. Our Brownsville facility is comprised of a Rehabilitation Center, an Assisted Living facility, and Long Term Care Nursing Unit. We are proud of our staff of licensed, experienced, and caring people who provide excellent care in a warm and supportive environment. Our customer service and delivery of care is best-in-class and is unsurpassed by any other facility in our area.
Our facility provides the following services:
- Respiratory Care and Ventilator Unit - Our Breath of Life Respiratory Care and Ventilator unit is staffed with licensed respiratory therapists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Rehabilitation - Our Short Term Rehabilitation center / Skilled Nursing Facility (up to 100 days) is designed for those that need rehabilitation before returning home.
- Nursing Center - Our Long Term Care (LTC) Nursing Services are designed for those that need residential nursing care.
- Assisted Living - Our Assisted Living Facility — The Meadows — provides permanent or temporary care for those that need a little bit of help but want to continue living an independent life-style.
At Spanish Meadows of Brownsville, it is our mission to provide our residents with the highest quality medical and rehabilitative care, while continually recognizing the human dignity of our patients, the personal investment of our employees and the healthcare needs of our community.
Most of us would rather go home after a Hospital Stay but when we can’t, we are presented with choices. During your stay, the Social Services Dept. will assist you with:
- Questions regarding your Stay & Concerns that might arise.
- Your DISCHARGE- i.e. medical equip, & home health
- Referrals to Community Resources such as CBA / MFP
- Transportation arrangements to places like a Bank or to Complete Personal Errands / Secure Personal Belongings at Residence etc.
- Formulating Advanced Directives - Medical Power of Attorney, Durable Power of Attorney Out of Hospital DO NOT Resuscitate Order, and Directive to Physicians
The Activity Department at Spanish Meadows is comprised of staff, community, family, & volunteers. Our goal is to provide our patients / residents with opportunities for socialization and enjoyment while promoting dignity and self-esteem.
- An Activity Calendar is placed in each room so patients are aware of daily activities.
- Our department will visit with each patient to complete an activity assessment
- Our department will take a picture that will be used for identification purposes
- Community & Family Volunteers are WELCOME - contact us for information. Families wishing to carry out a monthly activity are encouraged to contact us.
- Mail is delivered daily to Resident's rooms Monday through Saturday after 12 pm.
- Beauty Salon services are available Wednesday through Friday at posted charges.