Avalon Memory Care - McKinney Ranch
McKinney, TX - Assisted Living, Memory Care
Community size: Large (26-100)
Avalon Memory Care - McKinney Ranch is a sensational assisted living community in McKinney, Texas. It is within appealing Collin County which is part of the Lone Star State.
Avalon brings its national award-winning care in the treatment of those afflicted with a short term memory loss to provide the highest quality of life possible. These smaller environments allow for better care provided by happier staff members, quality meals, and an activity schedule that can be customized for the benefit of each and every resident.
Residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or other cognitive impairments deserve a model of care that’s uniquely tailored to their special needs. At Avalon Memory Care, we strive to achieve excellence in memory care for your loved one by focusing on each individual’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
We specialize in care specifically for those with Alzheimer’s or related dementias, but are happy to assist in these and other extenuating circumstances:
- Dementias induced from temporary illness, surgery, or accident
- Requiring assistance with balance, mobility and using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs
- Incontinent, frail or needing assistance and supervision with activities of daily living
- Visually or hearing impaired
- Experiencing memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s, confusion, wandering or depression
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, incontinence care, walking and other activities of daily living
- Continuous care and supervision from trained staff; residents will be observed for changes in cognitive, physical, emotional and social functioning
- Arrangements can be made for temporary illnesses and recovery from surgery or accidents
- Continuous communication with family, physicians and other appropriate persons or agencies regarding a resident’s needs
- Medication management including assistance with ordering, safe storage and administering of prescribed and over-the-counter medications in accordance with physician’s instructions
- Mental health care and counseling
- Assistance obtaining necessary medical and dental needs
- Planned social and recreational activities
- Health promotion and exercise programs
- Comfortable and tasteful furniture
- Fresh linens and towels
- Daily cleaning and maintenance
- Arrangement for in-house medical and dental appointments
- 24-hour security and staff availability
- Complete laundry of personal clothing
- Spacious private or semi-private bedroom
- Secured yard, covered decks and garden areas
- Warm, sunshine-filled sitting areas
- Customized security and fire protection systems
We serve three home-cooked meals every day along with nourishing snacks and hydration. Our meals are well-balanced, healthy and delicious. We accommodate special diets as prescribed by a physician or by personal, cultural and religious preferences.
Our weekly menu focuses on the four essential food groups that keep the body well.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains, enriched breads and cereals
- Milk and dairy products
- Fish, poultry and lean meats
For the residents, an Avalon home is a welcome solution for someone who needs 24-hour a day care. The basic needs of your loved ones are met, while at the same time the highest standard of living is obtained — a standard of living that the resident deserves, not simply artificial activities to keep them busy. Many of these social and recreational activities would not be possible in other settings where the staff might not be trained specifically to work with Alzheimer’s, dementia and other cognitive impairments.
- Creative art
- Crafting of seasonal decorations
- Reminiscing games
- Bingo, games and puzzles
- Bible studies