Home Sweet Huntington is a sensational assisted living community in Huntington, West Virginia. It is within elegant Cabell County which is part of the Mountain State.
The Home Sweet Huntington team is made up of Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, and nursing aids.
Home Sweet Huntington’s residents are seniors, including those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Home Sweet Huntington serves the individuals of any age with developmental disabilities as well as other individuals with particular medical conditions or needs.
The services and activities provided or arranged for in assisted living promotes the quality of life and independence of the individual, and include:
- 24-hour supervision
- 3 meals a day in a group dining room
- Residents have access to snacks
- Personal care services (help with bathing, dressing, toileting, etc.)
- Medication management with Pharmacy services provided by UniqCare Pharmacy
- In-home Physician services provided by Cabell Huntington Home Care Medicine
- In-home therapy services provided by Stonerise Healthcare (physical therapy, speech therapy)
- Social services
- Supervision and assistance for persons with Alzheimer’s or other dementias and disabilities
- Recreational and spiritual activities
- Exercise and wellness programs
- Laundry and linen service
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Arrangements for transportation
Home Sweet Huntington provides supervision or assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s); coordination of services by outside health care providers; and monitoring of resident activities to help to ensure his or her health, safety, and well-being. Assistance may include the administration of medication, or certain personal care services by a trained staff person.
It is important to remember that assisted living communities are a bridge between living at home and living in a nursing home. Assisted living communities do not typically provide the level of continuous skilled nursing care found in nursing homes and hospitals.
Accommodations and options may vary greatly from one assisted living community to the next (e.g. private rooms, private baths, kitchenettes, etc.). Personal needs and preferences are important criteria for selecting an assisted living community.
Home Sweet Huntington is constructed and equipped to comply with a host of local, state and federal regulations. Home Sweet Huntington is designed to be operated, staffed and maintained in a manner appropriate to the needs and desires of the residents served.