New Mercer Commons is a handsome assisted living community in Fort Collins, Colorado. It is within exciting Larimer County which is part of the Centennial State.
New Mercer Commons is our Fort Collins campus assisted living, located off of Centre Avenue. We have the beautiful Columbine Health Systems Park with sculptures to delight many. Resident's enjoy the walking paths, deck, picnic tables, and the beautiful butterfly garden. Our facility provides both assisted living and assisted living Memory Care. We cater to individualized needs by offering many different styles of rooms and different levels of care.
Residents are encouraged to join our diverse activities. Our most popular activities are music performances, spiritual growth groups, socials, and community outings. We facilitate opportunities for Resident's to maintain their independence as they age.Whether they participate in the annual Columbine Wii Bowling Tournament (we are two year reigning champions!) or getting in touch with their spiritual needs with the mindfulness group, resident's are encouraged to live life to the fullest and our staff is able to provide social, emotional , and physical support along the way.
In our Memory Care, we have four backyards where Residents enjoy gardening and getting fresh air. Specialized activities for Dementia residents are offered including Music Therapy, Brain Games, and Reminisce. Resident's enjoy socializing about their lives, history, and their travels.
We partner with many different services and community outreach programs. We are located close to the senior center and offer transportation for residents. We also partner with a wide range of ages from our local elementary school students to interns and professors from Colorado State University. We have several inhouse partners to assist with needs such as podiatry, dental hygiene, labs, xrays, eye care, and medical and nonmedical home health care as well.
The New Mercer Commons community creates a life which encourages individuality, spontaneity, and continual growth in a homelike atmosphere. We strive to create relationships and partnerships with residents, their families, and our community.
- Choice of several apartments
- Emergency call system in each apartment and bathroom
- Cable TV included
- Telephone service available
- Whirlpool Spa
- Fitness Center
- Multimedia Room
- Wireless Internet
- Hair Salon for Men and Women
- 24hour Juice Bar
- Restaurant style Dining
- Private Dining Rooms
- Fish Aquariums
- Scenic Balcony
- Covered Patios
- Sculpture Park and Butterfly Garden
- Walking Trails
The Memory Care units include:
- Your choice of private & semiprivate apartments
- Nature oriented art
- Large outdoor gardens fully landscaped with fruit trees
- Raised flower beds for growing year round
- Walking paths for independent outdoor activity
- Customized personal care plans
- Personal Care Providers on staff 24 hours a day to provide assistance and protective oversight
- Medication administration by qualified medication administration personnel with nursing oversight
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Three meals daily served restaurant-style and snacks throughout the day
- Daily housekeeping
- Weekly Laundry services
- Transportation to medical appointments and Fort Collins Senior Center
- Licensed Practical Nurse on staff
- Convenient in house services: Nurse Practitioner, Podiatrist, Dental Hygienist, Laboratory, Hearing Aid Clinic, and Therapy
- Fitness programs: Yoga, Walking, Exercise circle, Nu Step
- Social Events: Barbecues, Birthdays, Happy hour
- Resident Council and neighborhood meetings
- Educational, cultural, and spiritual programs
- Individual and group activities
- Community outings: Scenic van rides, Lunch bunch, Shopping trips
- Pet therapy
- Specialized activities for Dementia residents: Memories in the Making, Music therapy, Reminisce, Brain games
Our design team is currently searching for photos to post for this listing. If you represent this community and would like photos to appear sooner, please contact us at photos@FindContinuingCare.com.