Sunrise of Overland Park
Overland Park, KS - Assisted Living
Community size: Large (26-100)
At Sunrise of Overland Park, KS, we offer our residents and their families the best of both worlds in so many ways. Our senior living community is located close enough to Interstate 35 to make it accessible, but far enough from the hustle and bustle to allow our residents to retain the privacy they cherish. While we’re situated near an abundance of recreation and entertainment , our environment is a quiet, intimate home with care that is second to none. Sunrise of Overland Park, KS, is a small community, yet we offer multiple care levels for assisted living, as well as dining, outdoor enjoyment and activities—including a Reminiscence Program where our memory care experts are well equipped to nurture and care for residents at all stages of memory loss. Our long-tenured team members are focused on one-on-one, individualized relationships that champion the quality of life for all seniors.
At Overland Park, when it comes to dining, we believe in a hands-on approach and incorporate our resident’s feedback into everything we do. We have a weekly resident food council meeting where we discuss what our residents liked about the menu from the previous week as well as any recommended changes. This is a great forum for our residents to talk directly to those preparing their food and helps make each resident’s dining experienced personalized and special.
Additionally, our dining services coordinator visits with residents in the dining room which allows him to observe firsthand if a certain dish is more challenging for residents to eat and will adjust accordingly.
We love celebrating the holidays at our community and make mealtime special by creating special menus for holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Passover and more. We are always willing to try something new, including incorporating cherished family recipes into our holiday fare.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Offering assisted living , memory care and respite care in Overland Park, KS
- Reminiscence Neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss
- Medical support provided by Overland Park Regional Hospital and Olathe Medical Center
- Close to Town Center and the shopping, dining, entertainment and culture located off West 119th Street and Strang Line Road
- Award-winning community, recognized with a Bronze National Quality Award by AHCA/NCAL