River Forest Home is an exquisite assisted living community in Covington, Louisiana. It is within likable Saint Tammany County which is part of the Pelican State.
- One-on-one attention, patience and care.
- Deep respect in appreciation of our residents individual life experiences.
- Dignified living with personalized support to meet individual needs.
- Continuously expanding services and programs to match the needs of our residents.
- Consistent attention to health care, comfort and quality of life.
- Better staff to resident ratio compared to larger facilities; with us, it’s personal.
River Forest Home is a beautiful 3,400 square foot Assisted Senior Living Home featuring 6 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, large living room, den, dining room, visitation room, kitchen & breakfast area, office with double carport, covered patio and porch nestled on a large, beautifully landscaped lot.
- Private, single occupancy bedrooms
- 24-hour personal care
- Bathing, dressing & grooming assistance
- Bed & bath linens provided
- Laundry service
- Activities and entertainment
- All meals and snacks
- Ambulation/transferring supervision
- Medication assistance & administration from LPNs
- Tammany Hospital – 3 miles
- Downtown City of Covington – 2.1 miles
- Staff – Certified House Manager and Nursing Assistants
- Better Ratio of Personal Care Attendants to Residents
- Fire Sprinkler, Alarm system
- ADA Compliant
- Professional Interiors by Lisambiance Design
Dignity and Privacy – our home offers a reassuring elder care alternative to you and your family when living alone is no longer possible or practical. We are here for seniors who need daily care but do not need the intensive services of a nursing home.
Gracious Surroundings – we provide a comfortable and gracious environment, a warm home-like atmosphere in a lovely professionally decorated residential setting that includes an outdoor patio with a colorful garden for resident gardening, beautiful landscaping with plenty of shade trees, a play set for grandchildren when they visit, spacious living room, dining room, and a personalized private room.
Residents are encouraged to surround themselves with personal belongings such as their own furniture, photographs or favorite pieces of art. We recognize that transition can be difficult, therefore, we try very hard to smooth the way.
Personalized Assistance – we respond to each residents care requirements and changing health conditions. Assistance is provided for daily routine such as bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, personal laundry, management of medication is available. Personal support is provided to honor dignity and privacy. Transportation to medical and therapeutic appointments is arranged.
Home Cooking – we have talented staff to create delicious home-cooked meals tailored to meet specific food needs and tastes. Personal choice selections and special dietary requirements are gladly accommodate it. Snacks are offered several times a day.
Daily Activities – our homelike casual atmosphere allows for frequent relaxed visits. Every effort is made to enhance the lives of our seniors to make them meaningful both for residents and their families. We schedule daily activities for social and recreational enjoyment. Professional entertainers and community volunteers often come to entertain. Stimulation and educational programs are offered regularly. Exercises are geared to maximize ability and improve conditioning. Holidays and religious holidays are observed and celebrated with respect to all faiths.Family and friends are welcome to join in the activities. In fact, friends and families are encouraged to visit often as they would like.