The Mill Street Residence is a lovely assisted living community in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. It is within perfect Otter Tail County which is part of the North Star State.
Mill Street Residence provides a combination of inviting housing and trusted health care assistance designed for those who can no longer safely live alone, yet who do not require the assistance and oversight typically found in a nursing home setting. We are a warm, caring community offering assisted living services at their very best.
At Mill Street, we strive to help make our tenants' lives just a little bit easier. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily in our dining room offering a menu of choices and sit-down service. Housekeeping assistance and scheduled transportation for shopping and medical appointments can make life even more carefree. We offer a daily calendar of activities plus many excursions for shopping, cultural events, entertainment and education. In addition, services are available 24 hours a day to meet our tenants' health and personal care needs. This means peace of mind for you and for those who love you that your care needs will be met on a routine and/or emergent basis.
Our goal is to make sure you're very satisfied with the care and services you receive. We are noted for our extensive dining menu and meal program, staff training related to caring for and managing chronic disease, and for our ongoing commitment and involvement in the community.
- Our home healthcare staff is on-site and available 24 hours a day to attend to both the scheduled and unscheduled needs of our tenants.
- Full-time registered nurse on call to oversee the care of all our tenants 24/7.
- Our professional staff communicates on a regular basis with tenants and families to ensure that everything is being done to meet their individual needs.
- As needs change, so can level of care.
- Ongoing assessments of physical and mental health.
- Nursing staff creates an individualized plan that works around each tenant's lifestyle and current healthcare needs.
Relationships formed with friends and neighbors help you feel right at home. Comfort is also knowing help is right there when you need it.
- Cozy indoor sitting areas: Take in a game of cards, watch a movie, or share a cup of coffee with friends in one of our community rooms.
- Private dining room: Host those big family dinners just like at home in our private dining room.
- Library/computer lab: Wi-Fi throughout the building.
- Beauty salon/barbershop: Located within the building, our beauty salon and barbershop offers weekly standing appointments. Walk-ins are welcome as well.
- Outside sitting and garden areas: Let us do the gardening work while you enjoy the beautiful outdoor spaces.
Dining: A Nutritional and Social Occasion
- Quality food from scratch: Home cooked meals made from scratch. No shortcuts here!
- Choices: Residents choose from a full menu rather than only one or two options.
- Value of quality: High quality and lots of choices mean our tenants are eating and their nutritional needs are being met more fully so they can feel better and stay active.
- Social network: Meals are served in our main dining room where tenants are waited on just like in a restaurant.
Housekeeping and Laundry
- Weekly housekeeping including laundering of linens and towels is provided for tenants at no additional charge.
- Complimentary laundry machines are available to tenants.
- Personal laundry service or additional housekeeping is available for additional fees.