Sunrise of Edgewater
Edgewater, NJ - Assisted Living
Community size: Large (26-100)
Located just minutes from New York City , Sunrise of Edgewater is conveniently situated between the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln Tunnel. Sitting near the Hudson River, our Victorian-style mansion is surrounded by gorgeous grounds, and is footsteps away from shopping, restaurants, theater and medical facilities.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.
We pride ourselves in our specialized programs for those residents suffering from various types of vision loss. Our diverse programs and in-house clubs keep residents active and sociable, and our Reminiscence neighborhood is highly regarded by local professionals for residents living with memory impairments. We are proud to be an award-winning community, recognized with a Bronze National Quality Award by AHCA/NCAL.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds