Often described as a cozy bed and breakfast, Sunrise of Westfield, a senior living community in Westfield, NJ , offers excellent care combined with a phenomenal location. Close to superb shopping, dining and recreational activities—including the well-known Paper Mill Playhouse—our wonderful community offers an abundance of amenities that both our residents and their families can enjoy.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.
In many ways, our assisted living in New Jersey residents run our community, and we as team members simply enjoy the privilege of working here. Sunrise of Westfield is comprised of a tenured, dedicated team. We think of ourselves as a group of serving hearts. Our longstanding reputation in Westfield and neighboring towns is testament to our excellent care. Our community features beautiful landscaped gardens and elegant furnishings. With life-enrichment activities for all residents—no matter their level of care—Sunrise of Westfield is a special place to call home .
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Offering assisted living , short-term stays and coordination of hospice care services
- Specialized Reminiscence Program and neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of memory loss
- Nearby Overlook Medical Center and Kindred Hospital New Jersey–Rahway
- External medical support includes audiologists, opticians, mobile dentists, podiatrists, physical/occupational therapists, speech therapists and psychologists
- Located minutes away from quaint downtown Westfield and the Blue Star Shopping Center
- Notable nearby attractions include Nomahegen Park, Echo Lake Country Club, Westfield YMCA, the Paper Mill Playhouse and several five-star restaurants
- Activities calendar includes monthly ladies’ night out, a men’s club, plus trips to the Jersey Shore, casino outings and theater
- Award-winning community, recognized with a Bronze National Quality Award by AHCA/NCAL