At Sunrise at Fleetwood , we proudly display our dedication to providing our residents with safe, top-quality senior care. The lively, family-style atmosphere is immediately evident to anyone who enters our community. The walls are filled with photos of our residents and lists of the abundant daily activities . In the café just off the lobby, visitors may find their loved ones gathered around the piano, singing and playing their favorite melodies—or they might venture outside to find a family member busy in the garden. Of course, there are plenty of opportunities for relaxation as well, thanks to numerous indoor and outdoor lounge areas, as well as comfortably appointed resident suites. And for residents requiring memory care and support, we have secured areas and specially designed living spaces.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. We also offer a 24 hour Bistro where you can enjoy fresh coffee, tea, homemade cookies or fresh fruit anytime you would like. Throughout the day you may smell the popcorn or fresh bread baking.
Our convenient location in the heart of Fleetwood, NY, makes for fun outings to the movie theaters, shopping and dining. There’s no question about it: For those seeking warm, resident-centered assisted living in Mt. Vernon, NY, Sunrise of Fleetwood is the perfect choice .
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Located in a peaceful residential neighborhood in Mt. Vernon, New York
- Offering assisted living , memory care for those living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia, short-term respite stays , and the Road Home Program for those coming to our community from a hospital or rehabilitation center.
- Ideally situated just 20 minutes from Manhattan at the first exit off the Cross County Parkway, just five minutes from the Metro-North railroad station
- Medical support provided by NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital, along with on-site visits by area practitioners and transportation to other medical providers
- Nearby shopping mall in the town of Eastchester/Scarsdale with popular stores such as Lord & Taylor and Chicos, and a variety of restaurants in the bordering towns of Bronxville and Scarsdale.
- Close to New York Botanical Garden and Wave Hill
- Licensed by the New York State Board of Health
- Award-winning community, recognized with a Bronze National Quality Award by AHCA/NCAL