Summit View is a nice assisted living community in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It is within well-favored Hamilton County which is part of the Volunteer State.
Our Independent Living is much more than just an apartment with amenities. For example, we provide three meals a day and opportunities for you to stay active and serving in the Summit View Community.
Our Assisted Living doesn't just help with daily living activities, but offers assistence in a way that helps protect and improve the ability to stay healthy and be a independent as possible. Assisted Living that simply "does for" a person hastens deterioration. Assisted Living that helps you "do for yourself" increases longevity and independence.
Our Memory Care is NOT a unit where people are locked up and often sedated down, sacrificing their humanity. Instead , our Memory Care effort takes place with support and programming that occurs both in Independent Living and Assisted Living. This maximizes the potential for a normal life for people with some cognitive difficulty at a much lower cost for care than traditional Memory Care. In working with UTC professors and our own skilled staff, we have established the ALEERT Centers (Alternative Living for Elders to Empower Resilient Thinking) in our building to help prevent and overcome cognitive decline and other difficulties. This inclusive model is the new direction in Memory Care and we are proud to be a leader in this approach in Chattanooga.
Depending upon need and the level of care, services are available that include: on-site beauty and barber shop, transportation to shop, eat out, and medical appointments, rehabilitation services located in the building, weekly housekeeping, 3 meals a day for all units, free washers and dryers throughout the building, medication assistance by nurses, laundry and meal delivery, assistance with other needs, free emergency call button, 24 hour events and activities to choose from every week. We have all you want in a Senior Living setting.
The members of our highly knowledgeable Senior Living Interdisciplinary Team can help you navigate the increasing challenges of the health care system and advocate for you to help you get the services you need to thrive, whether you are a part of our Independent Living or Assisted Living.
Our Community Life Calendar provides over 100 ways weekly to experience fun and socialization in both Assisted Living and Independent Living, and is also designed to help improve strength, balance, self-help, memory, problem solving, and other skills, maximizing your health and independence in an active Senior Living setting.
Amenities and Services
- Three nutritious meals per day
- Scheduled transportation to appointments, shopping, or special events
- Group social events and activities
- Wellness focused education about ways to maintain independence
- An Emergency Call System for each resident
- Support staff on the premises 24 hours a day
- Washers and dryers at no charge
- A Computer e-mail center
- On site security personnel overnight
- Routine maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Weekly housekeeping services which includes weekly laundering of towels and twice monthly laundering of sheets
- On site beauty and barber services
- All utilities except telephone, cable and WIFI
- Licensed nurse available daily.
- Some in-apartment assistance for special needs may also be available for an extra fee