Baylake Retirement Community
Virginia Beach, VA - Assisted Living, Memory Care
Community size: Large (26-100)
Baylake Retirement Community is a resplendent assisted living community in Virginia Beach, Virginia. It is within bustling Virginia Beach City County which is part of the Old Dominion State.
There's nothing like living near the ocean - the breezes, the views, the warm days. Bay Lake is an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Virginia, Beach, Virginia that experts call one of the most progressively designed senior residences in the country.
Our mission at Bay Lake is to bring seniors the finest community that includes independent living, assisted living and memory care. We’re located in the lovely Tidewater area of Virginia, near the Chesapeake Bay side of the ocean, in a beautifully classic neighborhood.
Bay Lake determines each resident's Care Level based on their physician's History and Physical Report, our own free Nursing Assessment and the State of Virginia Uniform Assessment Instrument (UAI).
Based on an assessment of your needs, we help you choose a level of care designed just for you:
- Level A - Introductory Level of Assistance
- Level I - Minimum Assistance
- Level II - Moderate Assistance
- Level III - Extended Assistance
- Level IV - Highest Level of Assistance
Assisted Living Services include:
- Escorts to meals and activities
- Daily reminders for meals and activities
- Incontinence care
- Transferring assistance
- Bathing assistance
- Medication management
- Redirection, cueing, and behavior management
All residents, whether they need very little assistance or a special living environment due to memory impairment, are encouraged to take and active part in activities and their daily care. Residents at Bay Lake receive the care they need and have the freedom to make daily choices.
All residents enjoy the following amenities:
- 24/7 licensed nursing team on-ste
- Three meals per day plus snacks
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled van transportation
- Life enrichment program
- Progressive wellness program
- Utilities including local telephone & standard basic cable
- Individually controlled heating and A/C in each apartment
- Access to City Park and Recreation Center directly behind community
- Emergency call system
- Kitchenette in apartments
- State-of-the-art fire & safety systems
- Routine & emergency apartment maintenance
- Spacious activities room with open kithcen
- Six living rooms, two fireplaces, and a private dining room
- Library of books and a computer with internet access
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Landscaped grounds, gardening areas and furnished balconies/verandas
A variety of social, educational, and cultural opportunities are available to all of our residents. From exercise classes to movies and day trips to socials, our life enrichment programs are designed to help promote healthy and active living as well as foster personal relationships and develop a sense of community among our residents. Each day, residents can participate in any number of activities, both in and outside of the community.
Life Enrichment calendars are distributed to residents on a monthly basis, and are available online. We also organize one-on-one customized activities. All residents are encouraged to participate in life enrichment based on their individual interests and ability.