Love & Care Assisted Living is a nice assisted living community in Parkersburg, West Virginia. It is within elegant Wood County which is part of the Mountain State.
Love & Care has been in operation since 1982. We are a non-profit Christian based facility and we operate under a board of directors which consists of elders from area Churches of Christ. We do not discriminate regarding race, gender, or religion. Our facility is not a nursing home. It is an assisted living facility. We offer assistance to the person who can no longer live alone. We can help with personal care, laundry service, meals, and medications. We do not provide one-on-one supervision.
Love & Care offers one-on-one care at a more affordable cost than the big assisted living facilities and all the same great benefits. If you’re looking for security, comfort and a lot of love for those who just need a little extra supervision and assistance, Love and Care may be the right fit for you.
What your fee includes:
- Three daily meals plus evening snack
- Bathing assistance
- Laundry service
- Weekly hair wash & set
- Daily activities
- Exercises and outings
- Medication administration
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Licensed by the state of West Virginia
- 24-hour safe and secure environment
- Features include 24-hour video security, 24-hour awake staff, emergency lights and generator, and state-approved fire alarm system, smoke detectors, and sprinklers
- Love & Care serves both men and women
- Private rooms with private baths
- Maximum occupancy is 15 beds, allowing for more personalized and compassionate care from a qualified and experienced team.
- Dietary needs can be customized with regular, no-added salt, and no concentrated sweet options
- Laundry service along with regular room cleaning
- Bedding and towels are provided and bathing assistance is available
- Residents may send and receive mail (stamps and writing materials available for an additional fee)
- Phone jacks available in every room (additional charge) An in-house phone is available for limited use
- Personal call button monitoring system
- Medications delivered by pharmacy and administered by an LPN, RN, or an AMAP
- Weekly hair care (washing and setting) at no additional charge.
- Beautician services available monthly for an additional fee
ACTIVITY AND FITNESS
- Daily activity schedule including entertainment and special outings
- Church services and daily devotionals
- Outside patio, swings, and screened-in porch for fresh air and outdoor stimulation