Conveniently located in the heart of Windsor, Columbine Commons Assisted Living opened in December 2013. The facility offers 58 apartments with spacious walk-in closets, bathrooms with walk-in showers, and kitchenette areas. Recreational areas include; TV Rooms, Exercise Room, Activity Room, Private Dining Room, Library, and Beauty Shop! Residents can enjoy walking paths and sitting areas in our outdoor Courtyard. Medical offices of UC Health Family Medicine and Associates in Family Medicine are nearby - Banner Health Family Medicine is just down the street!
Personal Care Providers are available 24 hours a day to help residents with tasks such as bathing, dressing and personal hygiene. Nursing staff, on-site 16 hours a day, provide medication management and administration. With extended nursing hours, staff is able to accommodate specialty nursing needs such as diabetic management, catheter, and ostomy care and management, wound care, and specialized or mechanically altered diets. Easy access to outpatient therapy attached the facility, home health, and non-medical home care care services allow for individualized attention.
Assisted Living is about more than a helping hand; it's about promoting overall well-being and independence by means of a person-centered approach to aging. Residents enjoy opportunities to stay active, eat well, explore new relationships, connect with neighbors, and achieve personal goals every day. Our Assisted living facilities offer personal care for older adults who need assistance with activities of daily living.
Residents receive a multitude of services including housekeeping and personal laundry and transportation to and from medical appointments. Three made to order meals a day are provided in our restaurant-style dining room. Extended meal times allow residents more flexibility in their daily routine.
A varied activity calendar is designed for our residents' social, recreational and spiritual needs. Some of our most popular activities include daily morning exercise classes, Happy Hour Friday afternoons, entertainers, church services, trips in the community such as the Windsor Summer Concert Series and more!
- Choice of four room sizes
- Kitchenette with small refrigerator
- Walk-in closets
- Wireless call system to notify staff of need for assistance
- Individual thermostat for air conditioning and heat
- Private bathroom with walk-in shower with fold down shower bench
- Phone and cable ready; no service initiation required
- Flat screen TVs on wall mounts
- Blinds on all windows
- Small pets allowed
- Activity room with full kitchen
- Fish aquariums
- Lounge areas
- Whirlpool tub for spa experience
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Outdoor courtyard with walking paths
- Exercise room
- Resident computers
- Medication administered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Qualified Medication Administration Personnel
- Assistance scheduling and reminders for medical appointments
- Monthly blood pressure, weight, and nutritional status checks
- Customizable Care Plans
- Licensed Practical Nurses on staff 7 days a week
- Assistance with activities of daily living: -bathing -dressing -grooming
- Housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Transportation to Larimer & Weld counties
- Seven days a week
- Exercise program
- Social events
- Resident council
- Educational, cultural and spiritual programs
- Individual and group activities
- Community outings
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Registered Dietician on staff
- Outdoor courtyard and walking shaded paths
- Private dining room available for use
- Restaurant-style dining
- Beverage bar available 24 hours a day
Our design team is currently searching for photos to post for this listing. If you represent this community and would like photos to appear sooner, please contact us at photos@FindContinuingCare.com.