Grand Oaks Assisted Living is a peaceful assisted living community in Washington, Washington D.C.. It is within classy District of Columbia County which is part of the home of the Federal Government.
The story of Grand Oaks began in 2000. That’s when we opened our doors to seniors in need of a living community with a range of care options such as assisted living, memory care, respite care, and personalized care plans to aid in maintaining or improving their quality of life. The Grand Oaks senior living community is a tasteful, Georgian-style residence community designed to combine comfortable surroundings, personalized assistance, 24-hour support, and a full range of services and activities to meet the needs of each resident.
Assisted living is a type of residential long-term care that helps adults maximize dignity, privacy, autonomy, choice, and safety. Residents are independent in many ways, so the range and level of services can vary widely from one person to another. Typical support services include administration of medication, help with grooming and bathing, housekeeping, physical therapy, and much more. A resident may require help regularly or as-needed. Learn more about choosing the right assisted living community or Grand Oaks’ assisted living services.
Each and every Grand Oaks senior living resident enjoys the comfort and amenities of a gracious and hospitable home. The combination of a supporting and safe, home-style environment and personal assistance amenities allows each resident to continue an independent lifestyle and maintain quality of life. Grand Oaks’ supportive staff is available for assistance at any time of the day or night.
If memory loss is a concern, Grand Oaks’ Oasis Neighborhood offers a structured daily routine, compassionate assistance, and 24-hour nursing staff to provide positive experiences and attentive care for people with memory disorders and Alzheimer’s Disease. This 33 unit neighborhood is led by an RN Oasis Coordinator; and supported as well by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants 24/7.
Our dedicated and caring staff of nurses will provide you with a personalized care plan to ensure all of your needs are met. Your personalized assisted living care may include:
- 24-hour nursing care.
- Access to the on-site Johns Hopkins Wellness Program.
- Respectful hands-on assistance with your daily activities like housekeeping, laundry, transportation, bathing and dressing along with continence care.
- Direct access to Sibley Memorial Hospital’s emergency, aquatic, and restorative care services and Legacy Therapy rehabilitation services.
To create a nurturing and peaceful environment, we’ve designed each assisted living apartment for your comfort and safety. Decorate your space the way you like it to make it feel like home! Your apartment includes:
- Access to secure and peaceful open-air courtyards for resting and strolling.
- Spacious living rooms and common area activity rooms for socialization and relaxation.
- Large, light-filled rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding neighborhood.
- Safety features in each room to alert for immediate help.
There’s never a dull moment at Grand Oaks. Keep your mind and body healthy with a range of daily, weekly, and monthly activities designed to meet your physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual needs. Or, take advantage of cultural offerings and outings in our nation’s capital. Events and activities available to you include:
- Daily and weekly activities such as aquatic exercise, walking, live entertainment, gardening, weekly socials, and more.
- Monthly activities such as book clubs, health lectures, concert and theater outings, art therapy, and more.