DeSano Place Assisted Living Home - Shoshone
Shoshone, ID - Assisted Living, Memory Care
Community size: Small (1-10)
DeSano Place Assisted Living Home - Shoshone is a terrific assisted living community in Shoshone, Idaho. It is within fine Lincoln County which is part of the Gem State.
Your loved one has spent years on their journey-and the next chapter of their life should be written with the utmost care, dignity and respect. Welcome home to DeSano Place Assisted Living & Memory Care Homes.
You'll find comfort knowing that your family will receive compassionate care and comfort in one of our senior living and memory care homes. We offer senior activities, dementia assistance, memory care, enrichment activities and we are fully staffed with genuine senior and elderly caregivers.
We offer large, private apartments to keep your loved ones comfortable. Our care staff works around the clock to provide personal, focused memory care assistance. We're available to assist with all elderly activities related to daily living.
At DeSano Place Village Memory Care and Assisted Living, we create opportunities for people who are living with Alzheimer's Disease and other types of dementia to thrive. We believe this is best done by understanding and serving the unique social, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each resident.
Our person-centered approach begins with gathering a thorough life history so our team can recognize each resident in context. By working to know who our residents are and how they have impacted the world, we are able to craft unique, positive approaches that are designed to help our residents continue having lives of meaning and purpose.
- Assistance with daily living activities such as help with bathing, grooming, toileting, dressing, mobility-which benefits the resident by reducing the risk of falls, incontinence, and poor hygiene.
- Delicious, dietitian -approved, home-cooked and locally accepted meals and snacks with scents that would whet anyone's appetite!
- Cable television, computer and telephone pre-wired hookups so that residents can stay "connected" to their world and loved ones.
- Assistance with medications and medication delivery service, so that the resident does not have drug interactions, takes the appropriate medication at the appropriate time and has less pain and discomfort with chronic illnesses.
- Nursing professionals ON STAFF and ON CALL to manage medication order changes and changes in resident condition so the resident's emerging health concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Life enrichment engagement to keep minds and bodies active and lively.
- Access to local transportation so that banking, local MD and lab appointments, mail and personal shopping needs are met quickly.
- Gentle exercise periods or assistance with physical therapy goals so that the resident's abilities are regained, maintained or even improved.
- Nurse assessments are provided at least quarterly. We look at everything, from the skin on in! If we find problems, we call the doctor so the family or resident representative doesn't have to!
- Laundry and weekly housekeeping services provided.
- Access to and coordination with home health and hospice agencies and other outside qualified providers of resident's choice-we believe in choice and support the resident's choice and right to make one!
- Web-based communication so that staff and management communicate timely with each other. Families and representatives can "look in" on the resident and see how the resident is doing, during each shift! You will be able to sign up for "real time" communication on how Grandma is eating, drinking, sleeping, getting around and even taking her medications, from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! That way there are no surprises, and you can be well informed.
- We have personal call systems for quick response-day or night.
- Internal smoke alarms & fire protection systems that are monitored off-site for quick dispatch of emergency personnel when needed.
- Door Security & Camera Surveillance In some locations, we have door security and camera surveillance to provide enhanced protection for residents with memory impairment and dementia.