Edgemont Place Alzheimer's Special Care Center, located in Blaine, MN, offers both memory care and respite care for seniors. With an outstanding staff and beautiful 66-bed community, Edgemont Place is thoroughly equipped to meet your loved one's physical, social, mental and emotional needs.
Memory Care: Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® training enables our caring and highly-trained staff to learn about our memory care residents' lives before the effects of dementia started to develop. These life-long preferences are then built into each resident’s daily life to provide a sense of the familiar and create meaning in each day.
At Edgemont Place Alzheimer's Special Care Center in Blaine, MN, we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do. Our Meaningful Moments® program incorporates past patterns and routines into the life of each resident to ensure the highest quality of life possible.
Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of residents with memory loss. We start by gathering the life story of each individual by learning about preferences, likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from the residents' life stories into their day, we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one to enjoy.
Memory Care Services
- Pre-admission home visit and assessment
- Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of care while maximizing and encouraging independence
- A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
- Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement welcomed
- Three nutritious meals served daily, with snacks available throughout the day
- Supervised outings to nearby points of interest
- Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
- Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms, and private conversation areas
- Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
- Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
- Individualized service plans
- Electronically monitored security system
- TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
- Educational programs, and referral services
Respite Care: For those seniors in need of caregivers who need a break from the demands of caring for a loved one, the respite services of Edgemont Place Alzheimer's Special Care Center are beyond compare.
Edgemont Place Alzheimer's Special Care Center of Blaine, MN is designed to offer long-term residential options as well as respite services to families seeking short-term care for those impacted by Alzheimer’s, dementia and memory care issues. Arranged into private, shared and semi-private accommodations, our assisted living environment offers the benefit of our distinctive and compassionate emphasis on Meaningful Moments®, assisting families through the recovery process and allowing for caregiver relief. We are committed to “honoring the experience of aging” at Edgemont Place, and ensuring that each resident’s life story is incorporated into their individual respite care design, thereby distinguishing our dementia care services and provisions in Blaine, MN.
Our beautiful and comfortable memory care facility is committed to being a "leader in providing quality personal services" to residents and families, becoming a true partner in care for those whose lives are influenced by Alzheimer's and dementia.