Sunrise of Old Tappan
Old Tappan, NJ - Assisted Living
Community size: Extra Large (100+)
Located in northern New Jersey, just 30 miles from Manhattan, Sunrise of Old Tappan offers assisted living , memory care , respite care and coordination of hospice care to seniors in Bergen County, Rockland County and New York City.
Oakes Park, located directly adjacent to our community, is a beautiful local park where residents can sit in the gazebo and enjoy fresh air and the sounds of the surrounding neighborhood, including the summer evening concerts sponsored by the Town of Old Tappan. Students from the Old Tappan High School can often be found coordinating the Men’s Club activities, playing Wii with our residents or caroling at the holidays.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.
Our tenured team’s commitment to quality elder care and excellence is apparent when you walk through the doors. Our dining team , featuring our in-house chef, uses local, seasonal ingredients to prepare three delicious, healthy meals each day. And, because we know that each of our residents enjoys different things, our activities and programming schedule is filled with a variety of events and excursions.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights
- A Bergen County, NJ, community offering assisted living , memory care , respite care and coordination of hospice care
- easily accessible from the Palisades Interstate Parkway, the New York State Thruway and the Garden State Parkway
- Minutes from Hackensack UMC at Pascack Valley, Valley Hospital and Englewood Hospital
- Close to the shops and restaurants of Piermont, NY, and local dining establishments such as Bensi Italian Restaurant and Charlie Brown’s Fresh Grill
- Dedicated activity program includes exercise, music, group outings and much more .