Sunrise of Gahanna
Gahanna, OH - Assisted Living
Community size: Large (26-100)
The award-winning Sunrise of Gahanna, Ohio, offers safe, secure, top-quality assisted living focused on those who require heightened memory support. Our single-level community of Reminiscence Neighborhoods—each with just 12–13 resident suites—fosters resident-centered care and social connection for those experiencing memory loss.
Designated Care Managers take personal responsibility for preparing Individualized Service Plans designed to meet each resident's unique needs. We also have a therapy room where residents can receive physical, occupational and speech therapy if they are in need.
The dining experience at Sunrise of Gahanna also helps stimulate memory and engagement for our Ohio assisted living residents, their neighbors and their families—and our ice cream parlor and bistro offer fun, casual options as well. A fully-enclosed courtyard also allows for outdoor enjoyment in a secure setting, so that residents can experience the joy of every day, rain or shine.
At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy.
We welcome you to tour our beautiful ranch-style community. With only 50 total rooms across four elegant neighborhoods, our intimate setting is a comfort for residents and families alike.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Weekly personal laundry
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
Community & Location Highlights:
- Located in northeast Columbus just off Hamilton and Johnstown roads, in close proximity to I-270 and I-670
- Assisted living and memory care in Gahanna, Ohio , with on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy available
- An abundance of medical support from nearby St. Ann's Hospital, Mt. Carmel East and West, The Ohio State University Hospital, Grant Medical Center, Dublin Springs and The Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry
- Conveniently located near shopping destinations such as Easton Town Center and various nearby restaurants and the local YMCA
- Local entertainment is only a few minutes away with Marcus Cinemas and Stone Ridge Crossing Theatres
- Outdoor attractions include Backlick Metro, Blendon Woods Metro and Hanna and Creekside parks, as well as golfing ranges
- Ten minutes from Port Columbus airport and 15 minutes from downtown Columbus