The Courtyards Knoxville - The Gardens
Knoxville, TN - Assisted Living
Community size: Large (26-100)
All of The Courtyards Communities are based on an important movement in elder care called The Eden Alternative. This humanistic philosophy was started in 1991 by a geriatric physician who sought to end the three plaques of aging; Loneliness, Helplessness, and Boredom. Where Elders live must be habitats for human beings, not sterile medical institutions. All of our administrators and activity directors at The Courtyards are Eden Certified Associates. That means they have taken a 3 day, 24 hour course on the Eden Alternative.
The Eden Alternative is also about changing the culture of long-term care organizations. The departmentalized, task-orientation of the current institutional model has created a culture that is characterized by pessimism, cynicism and stinginess. By moving away from the top-down bureaucratic approach to management and moving decision making closer to the Elders, Edenizing organizations are helping to support a meaningful life for their Elders.
Studies show that implementation of The Eden Alternative is a powerful tool for improving quality of life and quality of care for those living in long-term care facilities Also, in homes that have adopted Eden as an organizational-wide philosophy, there is often improved staff satisfaction and retention and significant decreases in the overuse of medications. Most importantly, Elders, supported by their caregivers, can once again direct their own daily lives.
The Courtyards Knoxville - The Gardens is a pleasing assisted living community in Knoxville, Tennessee. It is within likable Knox County which is part of the Volunteer State.
The Courtyards is a privately owned company whose founders are focused on building a company dedicated to caring for the Human Spirit of our Elders and our team members. All of our Administrators are Eden Certified Associates. Even our owner is Eden certified. We currently have 8 locations, with more to come in the near future.
Every community is designed for ease, safety, community, community involvement, and personalization.
- Enjoy private or shared suites, ready for your personal furnishings.
- Relax knowing support is close by, every room is equipped with a personal emergency response system.
- Keep up to date with family, friends, popular TV programs, and support teams with common area Phones and Cable TV.
- Stay active with fun Exercise Programs on sunny, natural areas and walking trail.
- Indulge dramatic flair with costume Parties and themed events.
- Celebrate the seasons with Holiday Festivities, packed with special activities, decorations, and food.
- Host the family at frequent Cookouts and social gatherings.
- Nurture your Spiritual Life with on-site worship.
- Look fantastic with On-Site Hair Styling Services.
- Enjoy friendly competition with Fun Games like bingo, bridge and more!
- Create special handmade gifts or indulge in a favorite pastime at our group Craft Sessions.
- Gather with children and animals with frequent visits from local church groups, Girl Scouts, community groups, and even the local zoo.
- Relax knowing the home will be kept clean by our caring, committed staff.Laundry Services are included.
- Know that help with daily living activities like Dressing and Bathing is always available with a call to our caregivers.
- Feel at peace knowing that non-emergency Medical Assistance is on-call for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Take comfort in the fact that appointment making assistance is available for special treatments such as therapy or home-health services.
- Receive help managing medications with on-site Licensed Nurses.
- Choose from a variety of delectable Homemade breakfast treats including biscuits and gravy, pancakes, fruit and more served on a Flexible Schedule, getting nourishment with balanced meals served family style.
- Indulge in a selection of healthy snacks to help keep up energy for the day's activities.