Sunrise of Northgate
Seattle, WA - Assisted Living
Community size: Large (26-100)
Located in Seattle, WA, Sunrise of Northgate offers individualized care for older adults in northwestern Washington. While conveniently located just minutes from the heart of Seattle, our cozy home is tucked away in a suburban neighborhood for a relaxed setting.
At Sunrise of Northgate, we are trained in Validation® Therapy and other special memory care techniques, and our Designated Care Managers offer personalized support to fit your care needs and preferences. In complement to our dedicated care team, we believe the home environment of our secure Reminiscence Neighborhoods can be a therapeutic tool to promote health and help our residents feel safe and respected. These areas are designed so that resident suites are located next to living and dining areas, promoting easy navigation and social interaction. Our design team has carefully chosen the furniture, lighting, and color scheme to enhance residents’ independence and dignity.
Within a Sunrise Reminiscence Neighborhood, you will find all the elements of home:
- Large, secure outdoor spaces, giving residents unobstructed access to experience nature.
- Living rooms designed for relaxation, visits with family, and participation in group activities.
- A resident cat or dog, to provide a feeling of home.
- Country kitchens, where residents can enjoy a cup of coffee or help prepare a meal.
- Reflection rooms featuring soft lighting, soothing music, and other relaxing elements – perfect for holding club meetings and other activities.
- Children are frequent visitors, including family members of residents or participants in our partnerships with schools, daycare centers, and homeschooling parents.
- Activity areas for gathering for group to work on art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities.
- Learn more about our memory care program by browsing our video library .
You can look forward to three delicious meals each day, prepared by our culinary team using fresh and seasonal ingredients, and our robust activities calendar that's designed to focus on health in mind, body, and spirit. By maintaining ongoing conversations with both you and your family, we are able to construct an activities plan that is full of variety and tailored your unique needs and interests.
Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities , scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Laundry Services
- Brand-new, eco-friendly, state-of-the-art facility
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Maintenance of building and grounds
At Sunrise of Northgate, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior’s life. We focus on preparing delicious, well-balanced, home-cooked meals prepared from scratch each day that support the unique nutritional needs of seniors. Our highly trained chefs use top-quality ingredients, herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients, and talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. We also take pride in our table-service dining rooms that encourage social interaction and nurture friendships. Table-service enables the resident to place their meal order with a caregiver, and when that order is sent through the table-service dining system, it connects with the resident's profile and highlights specific health needs that the dining or care team needs to be aware of.
We can also support the unique nutritional needs of seniors with:
- Real-time nutritional information on dining menus
- Reduced-fat, low-calorie, high fiber, and low-sodium options
- Seven options for physician-prescribed modified diets to support resident needs such as diabetes and dysphagia. These options include shape formed purees, Fortified Foods , and more.
Community & Location Highlights:
- North Seattle community offering memory care for those living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, coordination of hospice care , and short-term stays
- Close to various medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital and Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Individualized medication management to maximize medication effectiveness and minimize unnecessary medications
- Nearby many entertainment options for convenient community outings, including Woodland Park Zoo, Museum of Pop Culture, the Seattle Center, and Northgate Mall