Our philosophy is to take a resident centered approach to care and provide peace of mind for their family. Our objective is to listen and communicate effectively, to respect cultural and spiritual beliefs, to promote optimism, to respect the resident’s dignity and autonomy, to focus on function and to promote social aspects of care and wellness.
From the more alert resident to those suffering from memory loss and dementia, we have 4 communities to meet the various levels of acuity and needs of our seniors, all located within the Costa Mesa-Newport Beach area. Our staff to resident ratio is the highest in Orange County -1:3 during the day and 1:6 at night, ensuring a fresh shift of English speaking caregivers every eight hours. Our 24 hour awake staff serves residents' every need and prevents falls.
From concerts in our home to symphonies in our backyard, there is something for everyone at the Heathers. We want your loved ones to be proud of where they live and encourage you to visit with the kids and the family pet. Our staff subscribes to the highest code of honesty, compassion and integrity. Everything we do at the Heathers and Seaside Cottages is focused on our residents. We deliver compassionate care by trained professionals in safe, well appointed, cheerful, secure residential settings from 6 to 15 beds. In-house physicians, therapists, nurses, podiatrists and other trained care professionals work together to provide exceptional care for our residents. Mobile x-rays, mobile lab service, in-house incontinence products with free delivery and a pharmacy that bubble-packs monthly medications and delivers them for free: these are just a few of the things we do to make life simpler at the Heathers
Seaside Cottage is a magnificent assisted living community in Costa Mesa, California. It is within scenic Orange County which is part of the Golden State.
Seaside Cootage I is in an upscale setting located in a quaint neighborhood on a quiet street. It is newly refurbished with a Seaside Beach Cottage motif. The interior has a beachy flair with aqua colors, and is decorated with fine furniture, a lovely built-in aquarium, custom tile and its own surfboard. Its ambiance is for residents used to the finer things in life, and evoques a spa-like atmosphere. It is air-conditioned and newly landscaped, opening to a secured, alarm patiowith table and umbrella for outside activities. Awake night staff, licensed for dementia care and licensed for Bedridden hospice care. Daily assisted walk to nearby parks.
Individual activities are dependent on the health and interests of the resident. The range of activities is intended to meet the needs of all residents, from the disoriented to the wheelchair bound to the ambulatory. A wide range of activities are implemented to encourage residents to find new and satisfying social relationships, to connect with their environment.
Examples of a few such activities are:
- Monthly birthday parties to which all residents, family and friends are invited to participate.
- Celebrations of various holidays, both secular and religious. Holidays are particularly difficult times for those away from their own home, family and friends. Our residents are part of The Heathers family and enjoy celebrating these holidays with us: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Christmas and Hanukkah and New Years Eve.
- Musical events including backyard symphonies and concerts are enjoyed actively or passively depending on the abilities of our residents. Each home is equipped with pianos and karaoke machines for group sing-alongs, in which the residents request their favorite songs and sing along with a leader. The involvement of staff members, volunteers, family members and friends make these social events both fun and memorable.
- Games. foster both one-to-one relationships and group activity. Bingo is a favorite for many, however, bridge, chess, and other games for smaller groups, such as the interactive wii games, are available as well. Staff members, volunteers and family members help stimulate resident interest in a game and help arrange suitable opponents. Contests and tournaments are sometimes arranged for bridge or game players.
- Outdoor activities include gardening, cookouts, or just enjoying time in the sun alone or with a friend. The Heathers staff and family members take the immobile residents outside as often as they like.
- Physical fitness. The Heathers staff, along with volunteers, arrange for suitable exercise according to the resident’s abilities.
- Tea Time. Enjoying a hot tea or cold lemonade together is a particularly nice time for volunteers, family and friends to join the residents for a social.
- Arts and crafts. The Heathers, volunteers or family members lead special projects such as creating greeting cards or painting. Residents enjoy socializing during this time.
- Religious services. For residents who are non ambulatory, The Heathers welcomes denominational and non denominational groups to provide religious services in the home for those who wish to attend. This often provides an opportunity for families and friends to join the resident in worship. The organization of such services is usually handled by the activities coordinator.
- Guest Speakers and Discussion Groups. The Heathers residents enjoy listening to guest speakers and joining in interesting and relevant group discussions.
Excellent Care for Residents with the Following Conditions:
- In-house Physician and Nursing Supervision
- 24 hour Care
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-stroke Care
- Heart Disease (CHF, COPD, Atril Fib)
- Memory Loss
- Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy Care
- Short and Long-term Respite
- Special Diets
- Incontinence Care
- Hospice Care
- Bed Ridden Care