Irvine Cottages - Orchid Street is an outstanding assisted living community in Newport Beach, California. It is within classy Orange County which is part of the Golden State.
Irvine Cottages provides trusted, licensed, and award-winning, full-service residential memory care services to improve the quality of life of older adults.
We are dedicated to serve and care for each resident as a family member and provide them the kind, loving and professional memory care you trust in a warm, safe and comfortable home that can give you peace of mind. Every detail of our care, the staff, our homes, the food, medication supervision, activities, and more are based on this compassionate approach.
Our practices are state-of-the-art when it comes to dementia care and assisted living; including all stages of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia, and our services have been trusted and recognized by families for over 20 years.
Irvine Cottages serves older adults with the most dignified care by improving their quality of life through programming activities, compassionate care, and services for our residents and families. We hold steadfast values of a dignified and ethical work environment that supports innovation, inspiration, and respect for all persons. Irvine Cottages does not tolerate ageist views, elder abuse or undignified care in any form.
Most professionals agree that memory-impaired and/or medically frail people function better when living in smaller surroundings with a familiar group of people. As a result, we have created real homes, just like the ones our residents have lived in most of their lives.
Our services help ease the burden of caregiving and puts your loved ones in highly-skilled and compassionate hands that makes your life easier and ensures that you’re loved one still gets the care they need.
Every cottage location offers daily opportunities for your loved ones to socialize, keep busy and have fun through our many memory care programs and activities. Each Cottage selects therapeutic activities in direct relationship to the individual residents’ continuing strengths, abilities and interests.
All our Irvine Cottages are designed to be a safe and pleasant environment for our residents. Our decor and amenities are implemented throughout the residence to aid seniors who need various degrees of memory care.
- Security system
- 24 hour camera recording
- Camera monitoring
- Each home is close to a park
- Bidet toilets to prevent U.T.I’s and infections (dip stick prevention program)
- Living air machines in most homes
- Locked garages (keypad)
- External door exits from rooms
- Fire safety training/fire sprinklers
- Personal/fall safety alarm
- Natural Lighting (skylights and extra windows)
- Muted colors
- Contrasted doors
- Non-glare glass on pictures
- Aroma diffuser
- Memory boards
- Wood padded floors
- “Memory” placemats
- Bathroom wall cues
- Large mirrors removed
- Beautiful calming art murals
- Massage chairs
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Medical/Geriatric Evaluation performed prior to admission and on-going
- Care Plan Report sent to families every month
- Only Memory Care Camera Monitoring Program in the U.S.
- Stimulating Activities
- Full Time Psychiatric Nurse
- Medical well-checks and pharmacy audits
- Vitamin/Natural products assessment
- In-House Laboratory and Chest X-Ray
- Three levels of Alzheimer’s care (Mild, Middle, Late Stages)
- Full time Nurse/Administrator
- Wheelchair Van Transportation
- Educational Quarterly Newsletter
- Support Group for Families
- Dipstick Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Program
- All of our staff are trained by Hospice and Home Health Companies
- Full Time Medical Directors: Geriatric Psychiatrist, MD, Geriatric Internist, MD