Helen M. Sawyer Assisted Living Facility
Miami, FL - Assisted Living
Community size: Extra Large (100+)
Helen M. Sawyer Assisted Living Facility is a splendid assisted living community in Miami, Florida. It is within fascinating Miami-Dade County which is part of the Sunshine State.
Concerned with the lack of affordable services that would allow the elderly to “age in place” Miami-Dade County Public Housing and Community Development converted the public housing development Helen M. Sawyer Plaza into an assisted living facility (ALF).
This Facility provides low-income elderly residents with safe and comfortable private accommodations. The facility is licensed for 101 apartments, within an eight-story building covering 2.38 acres and is comprised of large studios and one-bedroom apartments.
It is not a nursing home and it does not hold a license to provide 24-hour nursing services. It is accessible to public transportation, is within walking distance of the Culmer Metrorail station and near local hospitals, major supermarkets, and shopping centers.
Amenities & Services
- Assistance with mobility and transferring, personal hygiene, grooming, dressing, meals, and toileting
- Medication scheduling supervised by licensed nursing staff
- Housekeeping and Laundry Services
- 24-hour staffing
- Private living quarters
- Cable Access in each apartment
- Secured facility with an Electronic entry system
- Accessible telephones on each floor
- On-site food preparation of three daily meals and snacks
- Social and leisure activities
- Supervised field trips to cultural and recreational events
- Coordination of transportation to medical appointments (escorts provided if necessary)
- Complimentary hair cut and blow dry